How do I use Nicotine Pouches?
Perhaps you have seen your Swedish friends place something small and white under their top lips and perhaps you are becoming curious about this little white pouch. Using nicotine pouches may look strange, but to us Swedes it is like drinking coffee, eating a kanelbulle or just walking in the park. To top it all off it is easier, tastier and cleaner than smoking! Using nicotine pouches is simple and can be broken down into these following steps:
- The first step is to find a product you like. Choosing the right product for you isn’t easy, but it is a good idea to start by checking out the nicotine pouches that are most frequently purchased on our site, you’ll find them here!
- Step two is to pick a pouch from out of the can using your thumb and index finger.
- Thirdly, you fluff the pouch up a bit by rolling it back and forth between your thumb and index finger. This step is only really useful if all the pouches are in a so called star formation, which is quite typical for Swedish Match products for example.
- Place the flavourful pouch under your top lip. As far up as it goes, really. So, not on your teeth. Once you have accustomed to using nicotine pouches, you’ll probably feel comfortable enough to simply place the nicotine pouch on your tongue and gently push the pouch up under your lip using the tip of your tongue only. Once you can do this, no one will notice when you place a new portion in!
- Let it sit there for as long as you can sense the nicotine and flavour release, once this fades, the pouch is ready to come out.
- Most nicotine pouch cans carry a very practical catch lid at the top which is where you can place all your used portions. Very handy, since nicotine pouches on the sidewalk is not pretty. Did you know? Some catch-lids are flexible and will expand with every pouch you place in them. Products with flex-lids include: Lyft Urban Vibe and Lyft Easy Mint.
And there you go, that’s it!
Which is the perfect Nicotine Pouch for Beginners?
So, now you know how to use nicotine pouches – but how do you know which product to try? When you are new to nicotine pouches and perhaps new to the nicotine experience in general there are a few things to keep in mind. First of all, it is wise to begin with a nicotine pouch that has a lower nicotine level; this is to prevent unpleasant side-effects from too much nicotine intake such as dizziness, nausea and headaches. Second of all, a smaller pouch is typically a good idea to start off with as these feel more comfortable under the lip and will make you think less about what you are wearing under there. Perhaps you don’t care but perhaps you do and wish for on-lookers to be none the wiser – in that case Mini Pouches are highly recommended! These are absolutely tiny, ultra comfortable, super flavourful but with a slightly less nicotine content than your typical large portion pouch. Want to try them out? Visit the list of our favourite newbie products to see more mini and slim pouches with low nicotine contents! If you prefer navigating through flavours we have rounded up our best flavoured products within the following categories: